Sunday, January 23, 2011

Holy Trinity, Flowery Branch

 Today I visited Holy Trinity, Flowery Branch, for the first time as the bishop. George Ivey is the rector, and two deacons serve at Holy Trinity: Lee Adams and John Hurd.  I preached on Matthew 4:12f on "The Early Days of Jesus' Ministry" focusing on what He preached: "Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is near."  It was a good day, and I am excited about their vision of reaching out to the 40,000 unchurched people who live within a 7 mile radius of the church.

 Part of the Music Team

 Allison, me, George Ivey, Paulette Ivey


This afternoon I said good-bye to an old friend in ministry, the Rev. Edward Hanson. He grew up in Monroe, Ga, where my former parish is, and served several churches on the east side of Atlanta.  Rest in peace, brother Edward.

No comments:

Post a Comment