Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Berry College and the Mountains



I spent a day last week trying to get my legs back into hiking shape.  After spending a couple of hours hiking up a mountain (what we call a mountain in Georgia), I was huffing, puffing, sweating, and really ready to find the top.  I heard a noise behind me and turned around to see some guy "running" up the mountain.  He had his running shoes on and a little backpack carrying his water with a convenient hose to drink when he needed to.  I was very impressed -- and put in my place!!








There is nothing like getting out in God's creation away from the city noise, cars, cell phones, and computers.  I always feel refreshed and renewed after a good hike in the wilderness.




Sunday night I was able to speak at the Mt. Berry Church, the student church service at Berry College located in northwest Georgia.  Chaplain Jon Huggins leads a tremendous ministry with college students.  The fellowship was excellent and the student worship band was incredible!!  Preached on the resurrection appearance of Jesus from John 20:19-24. Check out http://www.mountberrychurch.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment