Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Busy and Fruitful Few Weeks

November has been a busy and fruitful month of ministry and I give thanks!  After an uplifting and Spirit-filled Annual Synod, I traveled to Apostles, Knoxville and ordained Doug Floyd to the priesthood and confirmed and received numerous new members into the Anglican Church.  But first I stopped and visited our Diocesan Middle School retreat going on at Camp Glisson in Dalonega, Ga. While in Knoxville, I visited with the folks at Old North Abby and their priest, Patrick King.
At Camp Glisson

Middle School Retreat

Laird Bryson, Jack King, Doug Floyd, me, Ray Kasch
 I returned to Georgia and spent several days at the Monastery of the Holy Spirit in Conyers, GA on a Prayer and Planning Retreat.  The next two Sundays I preached a two-part series at Holy Cross entitled: Giving Thanks.  Listen Here.

Monastery of the Holy Spirit

Monastery of the Holy Spirit

Monastery of the Holy Spirit

Monastery of the Holy Spirit
 This past week I visited All Saints' Church in Hot Springs Village, Arkansas ordaining Lynda Valdez to the deaconate and confirming and receiving numerous new members.  All Saints is also starting construction on a new building, ans so with their fine priest, Rick Moore, I asked God to bless the land and the construction.
Some of the folks from All Saints after we dedicated the Construction project to the Lord

Rick Moore, a visiting priest, me, Deacons Lynda and Sami Jo, and Michael Pahls.

Upon returning to Atlanta I met with the Board of the Young Anglicans Project (CHECK IT OUT HERE) and then went to an AMiA Ordination Service for a new priest and four new deacons.  Thanks be to God who has saved us, not of our own doing, but because of His marvelous grace and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment