Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Day at the Georgia State Capital

 I spent this past Tuesday as the Chaplain of the Day for the Georgia House of Representatives.  I was privileged to be able to open the Word of God at the Opening of the day's session.  Spoke on Psalm 1.  The House of Representatives posted a video of it on Representative Walker's Facebook page, and I put it on mine. But I can't figure out how to copy it to my blog. So... if you are a Facebook friend, go to my page or the Holy Cross page, and you can see it.  A special thank-you to Rep. Len Walker and Rep. Bruce Williamson for taking good care of me.
Rep. Len Walker with Speaker of the House, David Ralston

Rep. Bruce Williamson of Monroe with Rep. Len Walker of Grayson/Loganville
It was a privilege.  I couldn't help reflecting that 42 years ago, I was a wild street-kid as a 9, 10, 11, year old child on the streets outside those doors.  What an ironic and amazing act of grace that God would have me speak under the "Gold Dome."

The band Widespread Panic was being honored for being named to the Georgia Music Hall of Fame.  I had met them years ago when I married their manager and his wife.  Sadly, the manager was found dead later that night.  Too young.  Left a young family.  May God comfort his wife and children.
With the band Widespread Panic

No comments:

Post a Comment