Isaiah 49:2 - "He made me like an arrow, sharp and ready for use"
Years ago I was privileged to participate in the Arrow Leadership Program, an incredible leadership evaluation and training experience started by Dr. Leighton Ford. It was designed for young leaders to assist them in finishing strong as servant leaders for the Gospel.
Last night I attended the graduation of the 28th Class of the Arrow Leadership Program at Winshape Conference Center in Rome, GA. Twenty leaders from around the world were there to finish up with Arrow. What a thrill! Dr. Carson Pew, now the President and CEO of Arrow, gave a strong challenge to the class as they go back to fulfill the purposes God has for them. Drawing on the illustration of David picking up 5 stones to slay Golliath, he offered five stones to slay the giants which all leaders face.
1) Attitude. Keep a positive attitude. There are enough nay-sayers and grumps.
2) Never give Up. It's hard work. We will not be judged for how we start, but how we finish.
3) Continuous Training. Be a continual learner.
4) Family. It's important. Take responsibility for your own stuff. Forgive.
5) Understand the difference between who you are supposed to be and who you are. Who you are is your character.
THE ARROW CONFESSION
God calls us to be kingdom leaders,
To be LED MORE BY JESUS,
Knowing and understanding His will;
To LEAD MORE LIKE JESUS,
Enabling His people to be a
To LEAD MORE TO JESUS,
Serving His redemptive purposes
in our generation.
For more information on Arrow, check out www.arrowleadership.org.