Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Personal Pentecost

Today is Pentecost Sunday. This is the day in the church year we intentionally remember the events of Acts 2 when the Holy Spirit descended on the disciples and first followers of Jesus. The Lord gave me a message about His desire to reproduce in us His Character (the graces of Jesus Christ) which is manifested in the fruit of the Spirit (Gal.5:22f). Wow!! He really got people's attention. Here are a few responses I have received.

I just wanted to tell you how fantastic today’s message was. Got me fired up!!!

So, I know you're probably tired of hearing it, but really loved today's sermon. I promise after the first few words came out of your mouth, I knew God had meant for me and so many others to hear it... I was just nodding and tearing up throughout the entire service. We normally go out after communion to get Kingdom Kids ready, but I flipped ahead and saw "How Great Thou Art" as the closing hymn, and leaned over and told .... we had to stay. I just love it when God picks the times/sermons/hyms that he knows I need when I need them. So, all that to say your words and Gods words inspired me and I am hoping to have a personal pentecost every day. I know it just takes discipline and prioritizing....God first, Family second, all else when I can.

Isn't that great? That's my hope as well -- to have a personal Pentecost everyday; to be constantly filled with the Holy Spirit and walking obediently to the Lord... That Jesus can really be glorified and honored in my life. And then, just maybe, that fruit of the Spirit will be ripe for picking from my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment