Sunday, October 31, 2010

Christ Church Atlanta

I had my first visitation today as an Anglican bishop at Christ Church Atlanta. While on our way to the church which is located in Buckhead, Allison and I saw a buck cross the road on Habersham Road. Having been around Buckhead all of my life, this was the first time I have ever seen a buck in Buckhead!!


David Charney, Alfred Sawyer, Me




Me, Allison, Memory Sawyer, Alfred Sawyer


Christ Church is a delightful congregation which meets in the Atlanta International School (my old high school - North Fulton). Alfred Sawyer is the rector and his Associate is David Charney. This congregation is serious about standing for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a religious and secular culture which is constantly dismissing the need for people to come to Him.


It was great to be in such a memorable place with a large number of people whom Allison and I have shared fellowship over the past thirty years. I preached on Philippians 3:17-21 a sermon entitled: "Living as We ARE, Not as We WERE." Administered Confirmation and shared at the Lord's Table. Great day of worship!!


No comments:

Post a Comment