Friday, October 29, 2010

Food for THOUGHT

From James Allen -- "Good thoughts and actions never produce bad results; bad thoughts and actions can never produce good results. This is but saying that nothing can come from corn but corn, nothing from nettles but nettles."

Been thinking about what I have been thinking about!!

Do we really reap what we sow? Gal.6:6-8. Yes, we do. So what am I sowing in my mind? Am I constantly sowing what I hear in the news or from the gossip trail or from my pastoral counseling? If I do not sow the Word of God, the awareness of God's Presence, His Beauty in the creation all around me, and WHO the Scriptures say I am "in Christ," then the fruit of my life becomes more and more worldly and chaotic. But if I will sow God's "good" in my life, I benefit by reaping the fruit of a Spiritual life, and the peace which passes all understanding.

Been meditating on Philippians 4:8 -- "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think on these things."

No comments:

Post a Comment