Friday, July 8, 2011

More on Being Hacked

From 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 I pretty much fielded calls on my home phone, cell phone, and text messages while trying to get things somewhat cleared up with my email accounts, cell phone, credit card companies, and banks.  Thanks for those who called to check on me or to verify that the message was real before acting, and thanks for those who called to inform me that I had been hacked.  The hackers had total control of my account and even changed the password and email location where a new password would be sent by gmail.  A friend who had this happen to him said when he finally got his gmail account back, he had no emails and all his contacts were deleted.  Since my gmail email account is also tied to my Facebook account, they got control of that, too.   So.....

I was suckered...  I received an email last night which looked like it was an official GMAIL security notice with the following message:

To tighten up our security, we are verifying all active accounts, please verify your account as we will be suspending all dormant/unverified accounts. 


It then had a box to verify, and without thinking, I was exposed, and all of my 2800 contacts were exposed to a scam message asking to send money to me in England.   For those who were scammed, my sincere apologies.

I have been praying for the scammers -- that they would encounter the Justice of God.  May they reap what they sow, and may God remember that he said, "Vengeance was His."  For all us who have been touched by this, I am of confident of Romans 8:28 -- "that all things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose."

No comments:

Post a Comment