Thursday, September 1, 2011

Daniel Thornton

I passed a little church today on Howell Mill Road in northside Atlanta called North Park Baptist Church.  I immediately had a flashback of some 30+ years ago when I was a Young Life leader while in college.  I was leading a team of volunteer leaders at what was then Northside High School.

Daniel Thornton, one of our leaders, invited me to start praying on Monday nights for the kids at the high school.  We received permission to use the little church and we would gather and fall on our needs, pleading for the Lord to invade the lives of teenagers in the high school.  Those kids we knew by name, we would call before the Lord asking Him to draw them to Himself.  Hours would go by like minutes as we were lost in the Throne Room of Heaven with our Lord.  Much spiritual fruit came from those sessions.

I lost touch with Daniel soon thereafer. I can't remember why.  Maybe he moved.  Maybe I moved.  And today I have no idea where he is or if he is still on earth.   But I will always be thankful for that Pentecostal brother who taught me how to go boldly into the Throne Room of God on behalf of others. (Hebrews 4:16).

What a delightful memory the Lord brought back to me today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment