Thursday, March 17, 2011

From Jim Cymbala and Fresh Wind Fresh Fire

You can tell how popular a church is by who comes on Sunday morning.  You can tell how popular the pastor or evangelist is by who comes on Sunday night.  But you can tell how popular Jesus is by who comes to the Prayer Meeting.


Prayer is the source of the Christian life, a Christian's lifeline.  


God is not aloof.  He says continually through the centuries, "I'll help you, I really will. When you are ready to throw up your hands -- throw them up to me."


Charles Spurgeon: "The best style of prayer is that which cannot be called anything else but a cry."


"The atmosphere of my Father's house," Jesus seems to say, "is to be prayer.  The aroma around my Father must be that of people opening their hearts in worship and supplication... This is a house for calling on the Lord."


"I have seen people do more in people's lives during ten minutes of prayer than in ten of my sermons."


God says to us, "Pray, because I have all kinds of things for you; and when you ask, you will receive.  I have all grace, and you live with scarcity.  Come unto me, all you who labor.  Why are you so rushed?  Where are you running now?  Everything you need, I have."

No comments:

Post a Comment